Yes/Often
No/Rarely
Sometimes
If I take the time to play a deck, I'm going to read the entire thread for a better understanding of the deck, and to try to reach a valid conclusion about the deck and why it is where is is now. Obviously, throughout any given thread, certain posters have significantly better ideas than others, either through testing or just sound knowledge of the game, so I judge their input higher.
Some Adepts are more well-respected than others. Generally I put users into a few classes; the ones whose names/avatars I recognize and respect, people who I recognize and don't trust, people I don't recognize, and people with low post counts and/or no avatars (seriously, the easiest way to fall into the dross is have an uninspiring or duplicate avatar!). I read most posts on threads I care about, and if it's a dispute between two or more people, I generally categorize them in that category. So I'll listen to adepts more than people I'm not familiar with because they're less likely to be batshit crazy, but I'll listen to other people more. In other words, Adept is like starting out ahead; you can still lose but at least you tried.
I do a similar thing. And I do it in reverse as well.
If you make consistently crappy posts I will ignore you. If you make consistently good points I will pay attention. If you are new I will determine whether you are intelligent or not based on what you say and how you say it.
Oh and if your Avatar is of Anwar in the pool I will totally think that Anwar just posted something for about 3 seconds before I realize that it is Price with that stupid picture.
I read pretty much everything regardless of who wrote it. As far as taking things seriously, the only people I really trust in that regard are people that I've talked to quite a bit. Like, I'm sure Deep6er knows his shit, but his posts don't tend to stand out in my mind because I don't regularly talk to him. However, when goobafish, whit3_ghost, or Nihil (just to name a few) post, I often IM them directly and talk about the post more in depth. Often, I'll even IM them when I make a post and ask their opinion on it too (ask anyone on my buddy list just how annoying this is).
Last edited by emidln; 08-28-2008 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Sorry about misspelling your name.
I more or less only read my own posts, so I guess I vote yes.
Man, this might as well be "The Newly Improved Great Source Quotes Thread", because it's full of win. I mean REAL win.
I'm not really in the mood to vote for any of these things, but frankly it comes down to "no". I will take into consideration those who built a deck, those who made rogue style changes to a deck, or those who constantly win with a deck, as far as strategy goes.
In the case of everything else, all I really care about is that nobody else drones nearly as much as I do. I mean seriously, I always feel the need to write a goddamn essay to make sure my point gets across well enough here.
No, I never do that.
I take certain persons more seriously with others, because they have already build a reputation on certain area's.
When I see IBA post on a non blue control deck, I'll know he knows what he is talking about (most of the times), same goes for Byrant with TES, Bardo with Threshold, and the list goes on. You'll notice that most of these people are adepts.
I don't accept their word because they are adepts, I accept their opinions because these people have proven in the past they know what they are talking about. These people have been promoted mostly because they actuallt do know what they are talking about.
However, I am smart enough to recognize bullshit or a good argumentation. Sometimes the adepts are wrong about a topic, which is only human. When Isee bullshit, I call bullshit.
For me being an adept doesn't add anything for me. Most people I have respect for, I alreasy had it before they became adepts. I have also respect for some people who haven't become an adept yet, and maybe they never will. That doesn't give them less credit.
4th: 293/363
5th: 82/434
Vi: 159/167
Wl: 100/167
Te: 318/335
St: 132/143
Ex: 136/143
US: 235/335
3/8 Sealed boosters
1/8 Sealed boosterboxes
Only 632 cards left for a full Korean set, over 69% done (last update 05/27)
Always looking for sealed product!
Thank you, I try to be productive in the threads in which I post. I used to be an Adept but was overcome by the rampaging Downs Syndrome flooding through the site. Ala Michael Douglas (Falling Down) I then wielded my verbal shotgun on the microcephalic Nazi pawn shop owners defiling my format & these boards (and continue to do so). I was demoted (quite rightly) but I would rather be an Edinger and confront the idiots than have to overcome their mental sewage with positive acts of verbal piety and constant prayer. I believe we all read (or skim) the posts equally, but that doesn't answer the question. I do value some opinions more than others, but that isn't determined by Adept status, post count or amount of spammi...posting in a particular thread. Unfortunately, there are numerous examples of this not being the case, with entire threads being diverted, derailed or even hijacked.
On an unrelated note, welcome back Bovinious...is it killing you not to mention Tarmogoyf yet?
TL,DR: if you think Saito is ok, check your moral compass. It may be broken. - Spikey Mikey, amen brother
WE know what the price of progress is (often 8-10 life). - Cait Sith
A casual stasis deck? You must not really like your friends. Do you play it before or after you pull the wings off of flys and microwave the neighbor's cat? - EwokSlayer
I totally skim threads, just like most people do, whether they admit it or not. Like a lot of other people have posted I also hold certain members opinion's and idea's higher than other's. This has nothing to do with post count or the color of there name. I just think it's funny that this site is a place for the Legacy community to hang out and discuss he format and all that's been posted over the last 36 hours is whining and Bitching.
I mean I have a high post count, I place well in most of the events I play in, I primarily post in non-MM threads, hell I even donated a small amount of prizes to the 5 year event, do I complain about not getting invited to be an adept? No because when it really comes down to it, WHO CARES? Oh no's I have a light blue name, I can post in the adept lounge, I must be better than everyone who doesn't have a light blue name... Give me a break, this is a web site for a stupid game that most people don't even know exists, if your gonna whine about something go to a political web site and talk about who should be the next president and stop worrying about whether or no people read/care about your posts...
You beat me to it!!!
I look at who is posting, and take it seriously based on that rather than the colour of their name.
EDIT: I should probably finish the thread before posting - basically what Anusien said
I couldn't give a shit what color anyone's name is in at this point -- if I think you have a good idea or can make a good argument, I'll listen. If I think you're full of shit, I'll just skim over you.
But all of the Adepts were regular posters at one point or another, and enough people took the time to notice them, or appreciate their posts/ideas, to either nominate and/or vote for them, so, you know, you can't take it too seriously. There are excellent regular posters and there are some pretty dim adept posters (no, not you Corrupted Angel), so no, I don't take Adepts posts more seriously than anyone else's.
this.I couldn't give a shit what color anyone's name is in at this point -- if I think you have a good idea or can make a good argument, I'll listen. If I think you're full of shit, I'll just skim over you.
When in doubt, mumble.
When in trouble, delegate.
I read things on the internet the same way I drive: by assuming everyone else is a complete moron, and I have to double check everything for them.
No. I try to figure out who has a clue about a topic and value those persons' opinion more highly. Often those include adepts, but every once in a while adepts fail this test horribly.
I take Adept's posts more seriuosly only in the Adept Q&A's topic. :D
"Want all, lose all."
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)